Pages

Post Slider

Saturday 2 January 2016

A new year and a new addition to our family


Happy New Year everyone!

On this day every year I am usually still feeling a little worse for wear having overdone it a tad on New Year's Eve. But not this year. Today is the due date for my baby boy and so it's a very special day for me and I am definitely not hungover. 


What's really special about this day is that baby Leo has already been with us for close to 3 months after he was born very prematurely just 27 weeks into my pregnancy. I was suffering from dangerously high blood pressure which meant it wasn't safe for me or my little one to continue with the pregnancy. So on 6th October, after I had been in hospital for almost a week feeling worse than I've ever felt in my life, the doctors delivered the shocking news that I needed an emergency cesarian section and would get to meet my baby 13 weeks ahead of schedule. 

After over 11 weeks of intensive and special care Leo was finally discharged from hospital on Christmas Eve making this the most special of Christmases. These past few months have been insanely emotional and stressful but also wonderful and surprising in so many happy ways. 

This video explains our journey far better than I ever could in words. It should also demonstrate why I haven't had the emotional energy or head space to keep up with my blog lately.

Here's hoping 2016 is full of happiness and free from all the drama, sadness and stress of 2015. Welcome to the family Leo! 




I would really welcome your thoughts and reactions on this post. Leaving a comment is easy: type your comment below, include your name, then select "Comment as: Anonymous" and click "Publish". 
I moderate all comments so it may take a day or so before it appears on the blog. Thanks! x

1 comment

  1. Amazing video there Celia, watched it several times I think you could have a career there... :-)

    Hope to get down to see you all sooner rather than later.

    Lots of love David & Julie x

    ReplyDelete